Alexian Brothers The Harbor is a licensed recovery home and transitional living facility in Waukegan, IL providing housing and supportive services to help individuals reach independent living. Our target population is adult men and women who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness, and have HIV or AIDS.
The following services help residents return to independent life in the community within a 24-month period:
Monday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Intakes should be scheduled through our on-site Case Manager/Recovery Coordinator.
Clients with an income, contribute a social service fee (30% of income and/or benefits - having no income is not a barrier to admission)
English, Spanish (limited availability)
An applicant for residence must:
1. Individual, 18+ years old
2. Have a diagnosis of HIV/AIDS
3. Be homeless or at risk of homelessness
4. Be willing to abide by the policies of the Resident Handbook, including the Tier System, and be willing to contribute a social service fee (30% of income and/or benefits - having no income is not a barrier to admission)
5. Be committed to remaining alcohol and drug free, and if in recovery, have 45 days of substantiated clean time.